Vasa Övningsskola is a comprehensive basic education institution, including grades 1-9. Grades 1-9 are divided into four work units: 1-2, grades 3-4, grades 5-6 and grades 7-9. A number of pupils in every grade study according to the CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) method, i.e. subject-integrated language instruction in English.
In our school, we value
- versatile pedagogical working methods that stimulate learning in pupils
- means for learning in flexible and extended learning environments
- collaboration with actors from the cultural, sports and business sectors as well as regional networks
- interaction with pupils, parents and partners
- teacher students participating in our work
- participation in experimentation and research work as well as in our supervising task within the teacher training programme.