The Centre for Lifelong Learning at Åbo Akademi University and Novia University of Applied Sciences is a learning organization with about 60 employees planning, designing, custom-making and arranging courses and training for
- Separate individuals
- Teams and other groups of employees
- Organizations, the public sector and private companies
Our strong areas of expertise are:
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development
- Management and Organization Development
- Social Services and Health Care
- Pedagogy and Continuing education for teachers at all levels
- Intercultural Communication and Global Understanding
- Sustainable Development
- Nature and the Environment
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Production of Culture and Cultural Competence
- Flexible Learning
Since our activity is based on the university’s degree programmes and research we have experience in arranging training in a vast number of other areas as well. Our own methods of working have provided us with skills in project- and teamwork, and through our international projects (EU-financed and others) we have gained access to extensive networks and a practical knowledge that we are more than happy to share.
- Continuing education for different occupational groups
- Open University education at Åbo Akademi University
- Open UAS (university of Applied Sciences) education at Novia university of applied sciences
- Training projects
- Staff training
We aim at a high level of service and learning efficiency in the learning environments that we create. Around 8500 people attend our courses every year.
The quality of our training services is guaranteed by diversified co-operation with:
- University departments and experts
- Private and public institutions
- National and international financiers and clients
You are welcome to contact us if you are interested in personal competence development or if you need a reliable partner for internal training in your organization.
This booklet in English gives an overview of the Finnish guidance system and how guidance services are organised in the education and employment sectors.
- Torbjörn Sandén, PhD (Education), phone +358-(0)6-324 7455, Åbo Akademi University in Vaasa, Torbjorn.Sanden(a)abo.fi
Strandgatan 2, 65100 VASA/VAASA, Finland
- Tina Engblom, MSSc, phone +358-(0)2-215 4665, Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Tina.Engblom(a)abo.fi
Fabriksgatan 2 · 20500 ÅBO/TURKU, Finland
- Åsa Nyberg-Sundqvist, phone +358-(0)6-328 5300,+358-(0)44-780 5300, Novia University of Applied Sciences, Asa.Nyberg-Sundqvist(a)novia.fi
Seriegatan 2, 65320 VASA/VAASA, Finland
We have a broad experience of international cooperation and experience of interaction with the surrounding society and of development projects for some 20 years.
Among the themes that we recently have been working with are innovations and creativity, entrepreneurship, future working culture, sustainable development and archipelago development.
The experience in managing and executing extensive international cooperation varies from the European Social Fund and several Interreg programs to projects that have been financed by the Lifelong Learning program (Erasmus, Grundtvig, Leonardo).
We have participated in Jean Monnet, Tempus, Minerva and Socrates funded cooperation with projects partners coming mainly from Europe but we have even experience from South America, so intercultural knowledge lives strongly within our organization.
We are coordinating the Baltic University program in Finland, a network of about 225 universities and other institutes of higher learning throughout the Baltic Sea region. We are taking part in two Grundtvig Learning Partnerships. We cooperate with higher education institutions in Norway and Sweden with municipalities and companies as partners in developing the working life.