CLL works to comprehensively satisfy the need for continuous learning and pave the way for sustainable development in an ever-changing society. Likewise, we work to enhance key multilingual, scientific and digital competences in target groups and develop innovative multimedia learning environments.
Placing a particular focus on continuous learning, CLL activities include:
- The Open University, which offers university courses primarily to people not enrolled as well as to students of Åbo Akademi University.
- Education and Continuing Education for Teachers offers a wide range of both shorter and longer continuing education modules for teachers at all school grade levels, even in early childhood education.
- Through school visits, clubs and courses, Skolresurs works to get children and youths interested in science, mathematics and technology from preschool all the way up to upper secondary school. Skolresurs also co-ordinates with LUMA-center activities at Åbo Akademi University.
- The Language Centre offers instruction in languages and communication for all students and study programmes. Language Centre also organises language proficiency tests and language testing, and handles the language revision of theses.
Competence development through development projects
Each year, CLL provides assistance on some twenty development projects in co-operation with various actors in society for the purpose of developing working life together with the public, private and third sectors and, in turn, contributing to the development of society. CLL’s role is to capitalise on academic knowledge in continuous learning and pply research in development work and project activities. Project activities are based on needs assessments and analyses, comprise client-specific development measures, and meet the goals and requirements of the target group, funding agency and university.
CLL’s project activities encompass the following thematic goals:
- To improve work well-being at workplaces by developing work processes and supporting change leadership.
- To further develop the reception and engagement of immigrants to Finland by fostering integration in society and diversity in working life.
- To develop innovations and climate-smart energy solutions.
- To strengthen and develop lifelong competence in guidance and supervision.
- To further enhance sustainable development, climate change adaptation and co-operation in the Baltic Sea region.
- To support competence development and Organisational Readiness for Change (ORC) in the social welfare and health care sector.
- To support the popularisation of archipelago-related research and contribute to archipelago development.