As a degree student at Åbo Akademi Unviersity, in most cases you have the possibility to apply for the following:
- study grant from KELA (If you are not a Finnish citizen and have come to Finland for study purposes, the general rule is that you cannot get financial aid from KELA/FPA)
- Åbo Akademi University scholarships for students (application period annually)
- travel grants for students, student associations and student groups at Åbo Akademi University (continous application period, but decisions on grants are made in May and December)
- scholarships for students in Business and Economics
- other scholarships offered by different foundations and other organisations (several scholarship funds can be found here FYRK – webbservice in Swedish in Finland where you can find information on several scholarships and grants offered e.g. for students).
It is also possible for students to work in order to support themselves during their studies. Many students find jobs within the restaurant sector, as personal assistants, in cleaning or within their own field of study. Information on residence permits and the possibility to work can be found here.