Tuition fee-paying (non EU/EEA) students can apply for a scholarship to cover a part or the whole tuition fee.
There are two scholarship categories:
- Tuition Fee Scholarship, covering 100 % of the tuition fee, awarded for 2 years (second year conditional)
- Tuition Fee Scholarship, covering 50 % of the tuition fee, awarded for 2 years (second year conditional)
The decision to grant a scholarship is based on
- the academic performance of the student in his/her previous studies,
- how well the applicant meets the programme requirements
- the answers the applicants have given in the application form
When applying to Åbo Akademi University, applicants can indicate on the application form their wish to apply for a scholarship. In the application form the applicants are asked to answer a set of questions related to motivation and future goals. The answers to the questions will be assessed by the scholarship committee who makes the decision on granting the scholarships. In the assessment the following is evaluated: communicative skills, academic goals and general interest in the field.
The decision on the granted scholarship is given to the applicants together with the admission letter. In order to accept the scholarship the applicant must have accepted the study entitlement offered (binding acceptance).