Of course you should go on exchange! With more than 400 partner universities worldwide, Åbo Akademi University offers great opportunities for an international study experience. Exchange studies improve your language skills, and above all, give you memories for life. By getting to know people from other cultures, you learn about yourself and gain the confidence to face new situations. These skills will benefit you throughout your life, not only in the global job market.
Below is a short and simple overview of instructions, so you get an overall perspective of how the process works.
Do you want to know more about exchange studies?
You are warmly welcome to our information sessions about exchange studies 🙂
We are organizing four information sessions about exchange studies in 2024-2025.
Please note all sessions are in Swedish, but come and speak to us at the sessions and we can happily tell you more in English.
Wednesday 1st of November between 11-14, at Arken Armfelt
Tuesday 28th of November between 10-13, at Arken Helikon
Tuesday 9th of January between 12-15, at Arken Helikon
Monday the 4th of December between 14-17, at D0402
|11:00-11:15||10:00-10:15||14:00-14:15||12:00-12:15||General information about exchange (criteria, applicationprocess, choice of destination)|
|11:15-12:00||10:15-11:00||14.15-15.00||12:15-13:00||Erasmus+ (incl. internships), CG SEN and CHARM-EU|
|12:00-12:20||11:00-11:20||15.00-15.20||13:00-13:20||The Nordic countries via Nordplus|
|12:20-12:35||11:20-11:35||15.20-15.35||13:20-13:35||Central- and South America|
|13:20-14:00||12:20-13:00||16.20-17.00||14:20-15:00||Asia and South Africa|
You can apply for exchange studies once per year. The deadline for applications for the academic year 2024 – 2025 is on 2 February 2024 at 15:00. Read more about where you can apply and how further down this page.
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”
Instructions for editing the Study plan / Learning Agreement:
1. Go to “File” and “Save as” and save the form on your own computer.
2. Press “Enable editing”
3. Press “Fill & sign” + “Add text”
Follow these steps to find feedback from students who have previously gone on exchange:
- Go to SoleMOVE.
- Select Åbo Akademi University at “Choose institution”, do not log in but select Exchange destinations Abroad and feedback at the top of the page.
- Enter Åbo Akademi University as your home unit and click search.
- Click on the university that you want to read feedback about. If the university has a small filled speech bubble in the upper right corner, it means that there is feedback available for this university.
- When you click on a university with feedback, you will find the feedback at the bottom of the page.