- The Erasmus+ Program of the European Union (Key Action 3: Support for Policy Reform)
Åbo Akademi University (delegated from Ministry of Education and Culture)
2 400 000 euros
- Finnish National Agency for Education
- Ghent University
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier III
- Universidad del País Vasco
- Vytautas Magnus University
- University of Algarve
- University of Ljubljana
- Ministry of Education and Science Portugal
- Ministry of Education Science and Sports Slovenien
Åbo Akademi University’s part of the budget:
600 000 euros (25%)
Listiac aims to reach out to relevant teacher education programs in different contexts with varying linguistic diversity in order to develop evidence-based policies. The aim is to provide all students in Europe with the same possibilities to be successful in school.
Despite existing research and the number of didactic tools developed for individual teachers to date, it is still problematic to change monolingually framed school policies and school-wide practices. In order to change this situation, the project intends to reach out to non-language teachers. The project focuses on both teacher education and in-service training.
Researchers from multiple European universities develop, test and evaluate a reflection tool to help future and in-service teachers become more linguistically sensitive in their teaching, thoughts and attitudes. The project is carried out in collaboration with the ministries in Finland, Portugal and Slovenia.