How can I apply?
The applicant applies directly to one or more of the three different tracks offered within the master’s degree programme:
Master’s Degree Programme in Information Technology: Computer Engineering (Turku), Master of Science (Technology)
Master’s Degree Programme in Information Technology: Computer Engineering (Vaasa), Master of Science (Technology)
Master’s Degree Programme in Information Technology: Computer Science (Turku), Master of Science (2 years)
Students applying to the Master’s Programme in Information Technology will be able to rank the three available tracks (Computer Science in Turku and Computer Engineering with a specialization in software engineering in Turku or Vaasa) in order of preference in the application form. We encourage the student to apply to both of the specializations (Computer Science and Computer Engineering). All applicants must meet the academic and language requirements.
A completed university level Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or in a closely related field is required for admission. Eligible applicants are selected on the basis of how well the bachelor’s degree corresponds to the programme and on the study merits of the student.
We expect the applicant to have passed courses in several of these areas:
- Basic computer science courses ( e.g. algorithms and data structures, operating systems, computer networks and protocols, compiler construction)
- Basic courses on computer architecture, computer network or system design
- Programming courses (e.g. courses in C/C++ or Java programming)
Applicants to the Master’s degree programmes taught in English must always prove their knowledge of the English language and fulfill the general academic requirements.
No entrance exam. The applicants are selected based on the following criteria:
- Overall quality of the application
- Quality of the major (grades and alignment with the specialization offered by the programme)
- Quality of supporting studies /minors (grades and degree of support to the specialization offered by the programme)