How can I apply?
The applicant applies directly to the Master’s Degree Programme in Information Technology, Master of Science for admission to the Computer Science track and/or to the Master’s Degree Programme in Information Technology, Master of Science (Technology) for admission to the Computer Engineering track. All applicants must meet the academic and language requirements.
Students applying to the Master’s Programme in Information Technology will be able to rank the two available tracks (Computer Science and Computer Engineering with a specialization in software engineering) in order of preference in the application form. We encourage the student to apply to both of the specializations (Computer Science and Computer Engineering).
A completed university level Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or in a closely related field is required for admission. Eligible applicants are selected on the basis of how well the bachelor’s degree corresponds to the programme and on the study merits of the student.
We expect the applicant to has passed courses in several of these areas:
- Basic computer science courses ( e.g. algorithms and data structures, operating systems, computer networks and protocols, compiler construction)
- Basic courses on computer architecture, computer network or system design
- Programming courses (e.g. courses in C/C++ or Java programming)
Applicants to the Master’s degree programmes taught in English must always prove their knowledge of the English language and fulfill the general academic requirements.
No entrance examination. The applicants are selected based on the following criteria:
- Overall quality of the application
- Quality of the major (grades and alignment with the specialization offered by the programme)
- Quality of supporting studies /minors (grades and degree of support to the specialization offered by the programme)