Free courses in sustainability for ÅAU students
Åbo Akademi University is a partner in the university network UniPID (Finnish University Partnership for International Development, www.unipid.fi). Students (and staff members, if there is room) at the participating universities can – free of charge – take part in courses arranged by UniPID.
The UniPID Virtual Studies courses are 5 ECTS online courses on global development and sustainability, with a focus on Global South perspectives. It is possible to minor in Sustainability in Development (25 ECTS).
UniPID offers the following courses during the spring term:
- Introduction to Development Economics (13.1–15.3)
- Introduction to Global Development and Sustainability (14.1–3.4)
- Social protection and Health: Definitions, policy goals and global examples (1.2–31.3)
- Migration, Development and Human Rights (15.3–16.5)
- Ecosystem Restoration in the Tropics and Climate Change (25.3–15.5)
- Contemporary Environmental Conflicts (dates tbc)
- Globalisation and Corporate Responsibility (dates tbc)
- Mixed Methods Research in Development Studies (dates tbc)
More information about the courses and registration can be found on UniPID’s website: https://www.unipid.fi/students/virtual-studies/
The UniPID Member Universities are Aalto University, Tampere University, University of Eastern Finland, University of Helsinki, University of Jyväskylä, University of Lapland, University of Oulu, University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University.