Exchange students at ÅAU can take part of courses at University of Turku, free of charge. Some restrictions though; you can not take courses from the Turku School of Economics and Business, and language courses are only possible if they have available seats (UTU students are prioritized.) Maximum 50% of the total amount of your credits can be from UTU; the rest have to be from ÅAU.
You can list the courses you wish to take in your learning agreement, but we will not process them before your arrival in Turku. You have to apply yourself for the right to study at UTU, and the right to take the courses you wish to take upon arrival.
Please follow these instructions via the link in the right bar.
1. Select “Exchange studies in Turku” and click on Åbo Akademi University below.
2. You will be asked to log in using your Åbo Akademi University usename and password (Haka-login)
3. When logged in you should click on New application on the right side
4. Fill in Applicant information (note that you have to click “save” after each section in the form)
5. Fill in Study information
– most fields are required, but do not put too much time on the answers. Rough estimations are okay.
– answer the questions based on the situation with your studies at your home university
– note that it is important that you choose “Yes” when asked whether you are an exchange student
6. Fill in Study rights applied for (choose faculty under the University of Turku and write the names of the courses and other information required – you should add a new field for all courses you want to include)
7. Attachments – add your transcript of records from your home university – this is important!
8. Further information – no further information required in this case unless you want to add something yourself
9. Send the application: click on Confirm sending the application
You will be informed by email regarding the status of this application. if everything is approved, you will be contacted by the University of Turku regarding their processes (how to activate your University of Turku username and password for course registration in Nettiopsu, how you find out your student number there etc.)
If you have questions about the courses, please contact the teacher or the departmental contact person in question.