Exchange students at ÅAU can take part of courses at University of Turku, free of charge. There are some restrictions though; you can not take courses from the Turku School of Economics and Business, and language courses are only possible if they have available seats (UTU students are prioritized.) Maximum 50% of the total amount of your credits can be from UTU; the rest have to be from ÅAU.
You can list the courses you wish to take in your learning agreement, but we will not process/approve them before your arrival in Turku. You have to apply yourself for the right to study at UTU, and the right to take the courses you wish to take upon arrival.
You will only be able to apply to study courses at UTU once you have arrived to Finland, and registered as attending at ÅAU. Once registered as attending you will receive your username and password which you will need to use to access the portal to apply for courses at UTU.
Please follow these instructions to apply for courses at the UTU:
1. Go to the online application form.
2. You will be asked to log in using your Åbo Akademi University usename and password (Haka-login)
3. Fill in application information
4. Please note the following:
- Home University should be Åbo Akademi University
- Study Right Number is your student number at Åbo Akademi University
- Study credits completed is the amount of credits your have completed in your degree at this time
5. Fill in Study rights applied for (choose faculty or unit under the University of Turku and write the names of the courses and other information required – you should add a new field for all courses you want to include)
6. Attachments – add your transcript of records from your home university – this is important!
7. Further information – no further information required in this case unless you want to add something yourself
8. Send the application: click on Check and Send button
You will be informed by email regarding the status of this application. If everything is approved, you will be contacted by the University of Turku regarding their processes (how to activate your University of Turku username and password for course registration in Nettiopsu, how you find out your student number there etc.)
If you have questions about the courses, please contact the teacher or the departmental contact person in question.