Åbo Akademi University Library sends material from its collections to other libraries. Interlibrary loans fees are charged according to the price list and invoiced twice a year. Interlibrary loans request from outside of Finland is preferably paid for with IFLA-vouchers.
- Items that belong to Österbottens högskola must be requested through Tritonia in Vaasa.
- Unavailable items can be reserved by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Course books can not be reserved for interlibrary lending.
- Usually 28 days.
- All loans are renewed automatically for up until the maximum allowed loan period has been reached. The maximum loan period is 1 year for regular books, 6 months for coursebooks and 3 months for reading room loans.
- Loans do not need to be renewed manually.
- You will receive a courtesy notice via e-mail three days before the due date, when this notice is sent it means that the loan can no longer be renewed.
Following types of material are usually not issued as interlibrary loans:
- bibliographies and encyclopedias
- material from reference and special collections
- old, valuable, rare or fragile material
- printed newspapers and the ten last recent volumes of a journal
- course books if the course is running at that time and/or if there are only two copies
Following types of material is only issued as in-house use:
- Finland-Swedish material of which the library only has one copy
- Åbo Akademi University master’s theses (pro gradu-avhandling, diplomarbete)
- Books from certain collections.