Understanding Public Deliberation – Contexts, Opinions and Consequences
The Summer School is a combination of lectures, held by the most prominent scholars in the field, and a conference for doctoral candidates. The thematic scope of the Summer School in Deliberative Democracy and Public Opinion 2022 is Public Deliberation in theory and practice.
Confirmed speakers at the Summer School are:
- Professor James S. Fishkin (Stanford University)
- Professor Jane Suiter (Dublin City University)
- Professor Graham Smith (University of Westminster)
- Professor Andre Bächtiger (University of Stuttgart)
- Professor Nicole Curato (Canberra University)
- Professor Sofie Marien (University of Leuven)
- Professor Kaisa Herne (Tampere University)
The Summer School in Deliberative Democracy and Public Opinion is a collaboration with Canberra University, the University of Turku, Tampere University and the ECPR Standing Group on Democratic Innovations. The Summer School is funded by the Finnish Research Infrastructure for Public Opinion (FIRIPO) and the Future of Democracy (FutuDem).
Director of the Summer School:
Contact Rasmus Sirén (email@example.com) or Albert Weckman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
for more information about the Summer School.
Follow the Keynote lectures on Monday June 20 and the Roundtable talk on Tuesday June 21 via our Zoom webinar: