All students need to register either as present or as absent for every academic year. OILI is an enrollment and registration service for students. If you are a new student, you can enroll at your higher education institution using OILI after you have accepted the study place in Studyinfo.fi service. If you are a continuing student, you can enroll in OILI for the next academic year. The enrollment for Academic year 2019-2020 starts in May 2019 and ends 30.8.2019.
You can enroll online if you have a working user account at ÅAU and if you have been registered as present or absent during the previous academic year. You also need to have the right to enroll (i.e. you still need to have study time left). The online enrollment is registered in real time. In case you are not sure in the autumn whether you would like to be registered as present or absent in the spring term, we recommend that you register as absent for the spring term. Please do not leave the registration undone. If you did not enroll (present/absent) before deadline, you will have to apply for re-entry into the student register and pay a re-enrollment fee of 35 euros.
If you cannot enroll online in the OILI-system, the reason might be one of the following:
- Your study right ends 31.07.2019/31.12.2019 -> apply for extension of the study time or extension to the duration of studies.
- You were not registered during the autumn term 2019 or a previous term -> apply for re-entry into the student register.
- You are studying in an English speaking master’s programme and are required to pay a tuition fee for your studies (applies to students from outside of EU) -> please contact the Student Service Desk to pay the tuition fee for the upcoming term.
If your user account is closed or you do not yet have a user account at Åbo Akademi University, please check the following address for information on how to activate the user account: https://www.abo.fi/en/study/already-in-2/activation-of-your-computer-rights-and-student-number/
Please contact the Student Service Desk in case of any problems regarding your registration.
If you have paid the Student Union Membership fee at a bank and used the regular reference number or you have paid at a bank abroad, you will need to enroll personally. This means that you need to send or bring the receipt to Education services by the latest on the last day of registration (before deadline). You can for example send the receipt as an attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The receipt can be a printout from your internet bank where the archive code is visible.
Enrollment as absent
Enrolling as absent must also be done during the registration period.
You can register as absent:
- online through the OILI-system
- in case you have problems with the registration, please contact Education services by email before the registration period ends (email@example.com). Please remember to either write your student number or your date of birth in the message.
You cannot register as absent in the following cases:
- If you already have a study right at Åbo Akademi University and you receive a new study right, you can register as absent for lawful reasons only.
- If you are taking courses at other universities through the JOO-system (flexible study right) you need to be registered as present at Åbo Akademi University.
- If you are doing exchange studies within your study entitlement at Åbo Akademi University and your studies will be included in your degree at ÅAU.
- A student who is subject to the rules of limited study time (i.e. the study time has ended) cannot register at all before he/she has been granted extension to the duration of studies.
Registration for the spring term
If you are a degree student or a doctoral student and have registered as absent for the spring term, but wish to change your status for the spring term to present, you can do that by paying the Student Union fee in OILI. OILI is open for the spring term between 2.12.2019 and 10.1.2020 at 15.00 Finnish time. Note that if you have registered only for the autumn term and you receive your degree during the autumn term, you cannot register for the spring term anymore after graduating.
Cancelling your enrollment as present for the current term
You can cancel your enrollment as present for the current term by contacting Education services. In order to cancel your enrollment as present for the autumn term or for the whole academic year, you will need to contact Education services by the latest on the 30.8. The enrollment as present for the spring term must be cancelled by the latest on the 10.1. You can receive a refund for the Student Union Membership fee by contacting the Student Union Office no later than 30.9/31.1.
Notification of studies abroad
If you study abroad (exchange studies, language training, internship, research visit) as part of your degree you can choose to be either registered as present or as absent. Please register in time for the whole academic year 2019-2020! Also remember to inform the International Office that you are studying abroad by filling out this form . This is mandatory for both bachelor and master degree students as well as for doctoral students. Doctoral students who work at Åbo Akademi University also need to contact personnel services (firstname.lastname@example.org) if they are going abroad for a research visit.
Doctoral students need to register for the academic year during the same time period as bachelor and master degree students. Doctoral students follow the same registration procedure as other degree students (see above). Please also note the information about notification about studies/research visit abroad.
Doctoral students are entitled to be members of the Student Union, but it is not obligatory. The Student Union fee for doctoral students is 64€ for the whole academic year 2019-2020 and 32€ for autumn/spring term. More information about the Student Union fee is available here.