Updated 5 May 2021
Is the library open?
- Our service units are open only for short visits: borrowing/picking up requests, printing, scanning or copying.
- Service units Arken Library and ASA Library only open for ÅAU or Novia affiliated patrons. HID-key required.
- Service units Book Tower open for all patrons.
- Service unit Academill Library only open for ÅAU affiliated patrons. HID-key required.
- Library patrons in Vaasa, who are not ÅAU staff or students, can call the service desk Mo-Fri 12-14 on number 06-3247180.
- See Alma for our current opening hours. Please note Axelia Library is closed.
- No more than 6 persons (service units in Turku) / 20 persons (service unit in Vaasa) are allowed at a time.
- A limited number of study seats are available in Academill Library and Book Tower. Seats must be booked in advance by filling out this form.
- The reading room of the Archive Collections is only open by agreement for the Åbo Akademi University’s students and staff. Please book your appointment and order archival materials at firstname.lastname@example.org (manuscripts) and email@example.com (pictures).
How and what may I borrow/request?
- Items that belong to the service units Arken Library, ASA Library and Axelia Library are only available to ÅAU or Novia affiliated patrons.
- Items that belong to the service unit Book Tower is available to all patrons.
- Items that belong to Arken Library and Axelia Library must be requested in advance in Alma. Applies to available items too. An e-mail is sent out when the item can be picked up. (Items belonging to Axelia Library will be transferred to Book Tower for pick up.)
- The number of request is temporarily limited (staff 25; students ÅAU/Novia 15; others 10).